The month of June is a time of reflection,as the financial year draws to a close.
The participants for June’s survey included frame and truss fabricators (33 per cent) and merchants (33 per cent).The remainder (34 per cent) were wholesalers/suppliers/machinery/services, flooring retailers and contractors.
Small (51 per cent) and medium (45 per cent) sized businesses represented the majority of respondents, in comparison to the representation of large businesses (4 per cent).
Performance against budget:
- 35 per cent made budget
- 25 per cent exceeded budget
- 40 per cent either missed budget or missed budget badly.
- 67 per cent reported no changes (26 per cent higher than last month)
- 24 per cent employed more staff (17 per cent lower than last month)
- 5 per cent had to reduce staff (7 per cent lower than last month).
METROPOLITAN VS. REGIONAL
The majority of survey participants for June were located in New South Wales and Victoria.
The disparity between metropolitan and regional businesses that achieved positive budget results in these states was as follows:
- NSW – 60 per cent of respondents that exceeded or made budget were from metropolitan areas, while the remaining 40 per cent were regional.
- VIC – 67 per cent of respondents that exceeded or made budget were from metropolitan areas, while the remaining 33 per cent were regional.
This survey is a guide only as to the ‘state of our industry’.
To take part in the monthly online survey (and be the first to get the results each month), email Megan Macdonald – firstname.lastname@example.org