MGA TMA is looking for a new national membership manager to fill a fulltime permanent role in Victoria.
National Membership Manager (MGA TMA)
- Permanent FT
- Malvern, VIC
About the business
Master Grocers Australia Ltd (MGA) trading as MGA TMA (Timber Merchants Australia), is a national employer organisation providing members with vital back of house support services including Industrial Relations, advocacy and industry representation, industry training and waste and energy reduction solutions.
MGA TMA members from around Australia comprise of independent timber and hardware businesses, timber wholesalers, timber suppliers and many businesses which add value to timber products – all family and privately owned enterprises.
About the role
Owing to rapid organisational growth, we are looking to expand our team! Based in the National Support Office in Malvern, Melbourne and reporting to the CEO, this role will be responsible for Timber and Hardware Membership growth and development through the creation of business and marketing strategies that will enable and secure new members from around Australia.
Working closely with the MGA TMA team, this role will promote all support services to existing and potential members.
The National Membership Manager will engage with members and industry stakeholders through a number of mediums including face-to-face contact, workshops, seminars, webinars, regular E communiques, industry forums and events.
Key responsibilities of the role include (but are not limited to):
- Together with the President of the MGA TMA National Management Committee, lead and drive industry initiatives and advocacy opportunities
- Develop a strategic budget and plan with a clear direction to support current members and further grow membership of MGA TMA
- Develop and drive a communications strategy comprising of industry magazines & journals, website, stakeholders’ newsletters, E Alerts and E newsletters
- Engage with industry stakeholders to build Corporate Partnering opportunities
- Represent MGA TMA on various industry committees and forums to promote the awareness of issues aligned with the timber and hardware industry
- Assist with State and Federal Government industry representation and advocacy
- Drive circular economy principles by promoting waste and energy solutions to help reduce business costs and avoid landfill
- Coordinate and oversee the annual Fredrick O’Connell Timber Industry Scholarship program
To become part of the team, there’s a few skills you should have:
- At least 3 years previous experience within a similar role and environment (timber and hardware industry preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish strong working relationships
- Strong attention to detail, manage time effectively and able to work autonomously
- Work with agility and harmoniously in a small team environment
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Proficient in a variety of technology platforms – e.g. MS Office/social media platforms
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in business, marketing or similar or be able to demonstrate practical experience, particularly within timber & hardware sector
- Demonstrate experience in developing and deploying strategic initiatives to secure new memberships within a team environment
- Demonstrate ability to grow professional networks, collaboratively interact with staff, members or clients, industry stakeholders and government departments
- Strong administration and organisational skills
- Ability to work independently and to provide support and guidance as part of a team as necessary
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Membership Administrator or Membership Business Development Manager within the hardware and timber industry, looking for their next career move.
If you think that the above sounds like you, we would love to hear from you!
Please provide a brief cover letter addressing the key criteria above and how you meet them, along with a brief resume.
For more information about MGA TMA, please visit www.mgatma.com.au
To apply: Please send your Resume with Cover Letter to Rebecca Mullin Rebecca.email@example.com
- Only candidates who have the right to work in Australia will be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted